Flood Insurance

Flood InsuranceC.L. Hollis Insurance Agency is your local expert connection at designing insurance coverage for your Home or Business. We have many years of experience in providing tailored insurance coverages for your property. In making sure your insurance coverages are complete, cost-effective, and convenient, we’ve left nothing to chance. And one of those chances is Flood Insurance, coverage that many of us do not think of until it happens.

Flood insurance is available to homeowners, renters, condo owners/renters, and commercial owners/renters. Costs vary depending on how much insurance is purchased, what it covers, and the property’s flood risk.

Most condo owners or renters in low risk areas are eligible for coverage at a preferred rate. Preferred Risk Policy premiums are the lowest premiums available, offering building and contents coverage for one low price. In fact, residential premiums start as low as $49 per year for contents-only coverage.

If you don’t qualify for a Preferred Risk Policy, a standard-rated policy is still available. Even though flood insurance isn’t federally required, anyone can be financially vulnerable to floods. People outside of high-risk areas file over 20% of claims and receive one-third of disaster assistance for flooding. When it’s available, disaster assistance is typically a loan you must repay with interest.

Commercial Flood Insurance

Many businesses choose not to obtain Flood Insurance coverage as they think:

  • It is not available to businesses
  • It is too expensive

Almost 40% of small businesses never reopen their doors following a flood disaster because just a few inches of water can cause tens of thousands of dollars in damage.


Flood insurance is backed by the National Flood Insurance Plan N.F.I.P.

Flood insurance premiums are calculated based on factors such as:

  • Year of building construction
  • Building occupancy
  • Number of floors
  • Its flood zone
  • The location of the lowest floor
  • The deductible and the amount of building and contents coverage
  • If your home is in a high-risk flood area and you have obtained a mortgage through a federally regulated or insured lender, you are required to purchase a flood insurance policy.